Briefings about the Graduate School of Film and New Media Entrance Exams
Briefings for students who wish to sit the 2018 entrance exams will be held as follows. The sessions will consist of an overview of each department, explanation of the entrance exam process and required qualifications, and question and answers. Also, student works from the Department of Film Production and Department of Animation will be screened at the Kyoto venue.
(1) Kyoto venue (Department of Film Production and Department of Animation only)
Date/time: September 30, 2017 (Sat)
13:00 – 14:30 Department of Animation
15:30 – 17:30 Department of Film Production
133 Miyoshicho, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto City (in the Demachi Masugata shopping arcade)
Doors open at 12:30 for the Department of Animation, and 15:00 for the Department of Film Production.
(2) Ueno venue (all departments)
Date/time: October 10, 2017 (Tues) 17:45-20:00
Venue: Lecture Hall 1, Main Building (first floor), School of Fine Arts, Tokyo University of the Arts
12-2 Ueno Koen, Taito-ku, Tokyo
Doors open at 17:30.
(3) Yokohama venue (all departments)
Date/time: October 21, 2017 (Sat)
11:00 – 12:30 Department of New Media (Venue: Motomachi-Chukagai Building)
14:00 – 15:30 Department of Animation (Venue: Bankokubashi Building)
16:00 – 17:30 Department of Film Production (Venue: Bashamchi Building)
Venues: Yokohama campus, Tokyo University of the Arts
Motomachi-Chukagai Building: 116 Yamashita-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama
Bankokubashi Building: Bankokubashi Kaigi Center 3F, 4-23 Kaigandori, Naka-ku, Yokohama
Bashamichi Building: 4-44 Honcho, Naka-ku, Yokohama
At each venue, doors open 30 minutes before the start time.
Date/time: October 21, 2017 (Sat) 13:00-14:00
Venue: Yokohama campus, Tokyo University of the Arts
Bashamichi Building, 4-44 Honcho, Naka-ku, Yokohama
Doors open at 12:30.
– Pre-registration for the briefings is not required.
– Please arrive at the venue promptly.
– Questions regarding the fairness and integrity of the entrance exams and the individual professors will not be answered.
– Due to time limitations, it might not be possible to answer all questions.
– Only enter the area designated for the briefing session.
– Those interested in applying in the year 2019 or later are welcome to attend the briefing sessions.
– The briefing sessions will be held entirely in Japanese.
Educational Affairs, Graduate School of Film and New Media, Tokyo University of the Arts
Tel: 050-5525-2675 or 045-650-6201